FLAT ROOF THERMOINSULATION
The designer should determine the type of insulation required for the construction by consideration of the factors listed below:
- Required thermal performance (‘U’ value) of the roof.
- The build-up thickness that can be accommodated at roof level.
- Imposed weight loading to the deck structure.
- Compressive strength required (the ability of the insulation to withstand loads applied directly onto the roof system surface).
- The level and type of traffic that the roof will experience both during and after construction.
- Compatibility with other roofing components.
- Required fire resistance.
- Required acoustic performance.
- Environmental properties.
Your choice - it's just a choice of one of the major systems: